What an awesome panel this was! Anne Sage, Liz Stanley, Rena Tom, and Lisa Congdon did an amazing job of inspiring us to dream big, and gave us some tips on defining projects and getting them off the ground. Let’s jump right in!
A project is something…
* Separate from the things that you do day-to-day.
* You’re passionate about.
* With rules that constrain it and make it manageable.
* Motivating and challenging.
* You share at regular intervals.
Starting a project can have benefits such as attracting new audiences to your work, instilling creative discipline, and introducing your followers to another aspect of your creative identity.
When you’re developing your project, remember to keep it simple and make sure your point-of-view is clear. Once you start, stick with it! People are paying attention.
Before starting your project, you can use your social media networks to conduct market research about your idea. Ask questions and see what kind of reception you receive.
If you have an idea for a sponsored project or a collaboration, here are some things to keep in mind:
* Define what you can offer.
* We tend to underestimate our value. Ask for what you want.
* Be confident in your brand.
* When you reach out to a potential sponsor or collaborator, make it personal.
You’ve just gotta love Anne Sage.
Have a great weekend!